StarStable.com - Unblocking IP addresses?

Hi, with Koalasafe, my daughters get “network access” errors when trying to play Starstable. I have added Starstable.com to the Whitelist, but this has not helped.

I used Little Snitch to see what Starstable was up to: there were a couple of connections to *.starstable.com, and 63 server connections to various IP addresses (not domain names.) I looked every one of them up, and they resolved to various ISPs/servers - Verizon, Comcast, etc.

With or without VPN blocking enabled, or Starstable being white listed, the game will not connect via Koalasafe AFAIK. Trying to enter IP addresses to be white listed returns an error (only domain names allowed.)

My girls literally just switched to a paid Starstable account and now there is much drama in our house because they can’t play it… Any suggestions as to what I can try?

Thank you,
Beemer

0 Likes

Hi @beemer,

Try setting their profile to low filter mode (profile --> advanced)

Thanks
Adam

0 Likes

Thank you for the recommendation. I tried that change in settings but it had no effect.

As the game is trying to make connection with so many different servers (>60), and I only have IP addresses for them, not domain names, am I out of luck? I can only see ways to white or black list domain names and not IP addresses.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi @beemer,

Low profile mode is for this exact situation. The IP addresses wont be the issue. Have a look at usage and see if any domains are being blocked.

I’ll install the game and have a go myself.

Thanks
Adam

0 Likes

Thanks Adam. I will take a look at the usage and see what’s going on.

The game needs to be installed from the starstable.com Web site, and for that you will need a (free) account.

0 Likes

Hi @beemer - we’re working on this. Between our engineering team and our test horse Stormdawn, we’ll sort it.

0 Likes

Thanks Steven.

I cannot see any usage statics from our Koala router. All I get is an error: “Failed to load usage. Error. No more information is available. (504).”

Can you please advise what this is, and how I can look at the Koala’s network usage?

0 Likes

HI @Beemer,

We are looking into the Usage issue. We have successfully installed StarStable and are playing it on Medium Filtering.

0 Likes

Thank you Adam. I just received an email from Star Stable (a week after my enquiry) and they said they’d be having server issues so it may have just been a coincidence.

What about the error message I am getting that I posted in my last message. I am unable to see any usage statistics (error 504.) This is separate to the Star Stable question.

0 Likes

Hi @beemer,

Your usage should now be available.

Thanks
Adam

0 Likes

I am new to this so can you tell me how to play games.

0 Likes